Friday, May 26, 2017

Reflection

Three most important things I learned this year was how much impact speeches and essays have on you, I learned a bit of time management, and how to catch up if you're falling behind. This year, we did speeches and they were great. I will never forget everyone's speech and how hard everyone worked on it. I cried so much listening to everyone's speech and so did some of my friends. These speeches proved to me how much emotion we all have and everything we believe in written on a piece of paper. Mrs. Larson always told us to prioritize and manage your time wisely. This is an important life skill that I will use in the future. With all of our blogs and IXLs, it's an especially important skill in this class. Lastly, catching up if you're falling behind is also an important life skill. If you just put off your work, you'll just fall even more behind and then it gets overwhelming. You don't want that. So, just do your work and make sure you turn it in on time.

Something we did this year that I think I won't forget are the speeches. The speeches were so touching and I enjoyed hearing everyone's speech. Everyone worked very hard to write their speech and everyone really poured their heart out on the podium. Each and everyone's speech was important and amazing.

The nicest thing someone in my class did was make me feel better when I was having a bad day. I have a lot of good friends in my ELA class. In 3rd and 4th quarter I was sat next to Gabriel Chavez.  Gabe is one of my good friends and first thing in the morning in ELA we would talk and we would ask each other if we're okay. We would tell each other our problems and give each other advice. We would also make each other laugh and I'm going to miss sitting next him. On Fridays, our test day, we would help each other out by quizzing each other on Quizlet. Although we would get in trouble all the time, it was worth it. Thanks Gabe you're a great best friend. (:

Something I taught my

I think I've made the biggest improvements in writing an argumentative essay. In the 7th grade, we also did argumentative essays and I've improved since then. Something that I've accomplished this year that I'm proud of is

The most challenging part this year for me was

I still think that my best piece of writing was my Life Is Beautiful blog. This was an amazing movie to me and it made a large impact on me. I enjoyed writing that blog because I had a lot to say. I think it was my best because of how much I had to say about it. It was a very inspirational movie and I think everyone should watch it when they get the chance.

Out of all the books I've read this year, I think my favorite book would be A Child Called "It". This was my favorite book this year because this

The advice I would give to students who will be in this class next year is don't ever think you'll get away with lying to Mrs. Larson because you will get caught. Also, do your blogs, your IXLs, and all your work because you will fall behind. Mrs. Larson has taught us about lying and that by lying, you won't get far in life, so just come clean and don't make up excuses. Own up to the things you've done.


1 comment:

Reflection

Three most important things I learned this year was how much impact speeches and essays have on you, I learned a bit of time management, and...