Monday, April 10, 2017

3rd Quarter Reflections

In what area do you think you made your biggest improvements in English Language Arts?
           I think that I've made my biggest improvements in writing blogs. We've created a numerous amount of blogs throughout the year and after writing each blog I get better. I've noticed that my blogs are much longer than what they were. Also, I've been putting more effort into my blogs and I've revised them more often to give them a better outcome. Compared to my 7th grade blogs, my blogs this year have made very large improvements. My blogs are longer, there are barely any grammatical errors, and the format has also improved. Looking back, I'm very proud of my Syrian war blog because it took a while for me to research and come up with all the information. My father helped me greatly on this blog. Everyday we would sit down and have a discussion to give me a better understanding of this war. All in all, I am proud of my blogs and I hope to blog in the future.

What is something you have accomplished this quarter that you are proud of?
           Something that I have accomplished and that I am proud of is my butterfly. I really like the outcome of my butterfly and I didn't think I was creative enough to pull it off. I worked hard on my butterfly and I think I made it the best it could be. I started to stress when we started to begin with our butterflies. I thought mine wasn't going to be as creative and that my ideas were dull. I basically was on my own for the most part because I hardly asked for help. So in reality, that's my fault. After working on it for a couple of days, I was really proud of what I've created. It was a creative project and in my opinion, hands on projects help me get a better understanding rather than reading a textbook or watching a video.

What has been the most challenging part of 3rd Quarter for you and what did/can you do to help overcome this?
           The most challenging part of 3rd Quarter for me was staying focused. This quarter, it was harder than usual for me to focus on my work and stay on task. This quarter, I found myself delaying my work and putting it off simply because I was just too lazy to do it or just irresponsible. What I did is, which you may find foolish, give myself pep talks and remind myself why I need to continue to work hard. I wanna become successful in the future, so I can't just slack off. I promised myself to not let anyone get in the way of my learning and to try to focus on myself. Work like this is just small compared to what is in store for me in the future. Blogs and math worksheets are still important nonetheless, but it's so simple compared to writing essays and reading textbooks in college.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection

Three most important things I learned this year was how much impact speeches and essays have on you, I learned a bit of time management, and...