Thursday, October 27, 2016

First Quarter Reflection

       In my 10 book challenge, I'm on my fifth book. So far I've read, A Child Called "It", Chopsticks, The Giver, and The Five People You Meet in Heaven. I'm currently reading Walk Two Moons. I've enjoyed all these books and some of them either really blew me away, opened my eyes and made me realize something, or shocked/surprised me. I learned something important from each of these books. In the future, I hope to read Eleanor and Park, The Lost Boy, and Gump and Co. I've heard Eleanor and Park is a great book by many people. The Lost Boy is one of David Pelzer's books who also the author of A Child Called "It". Also, Gump and Co. is a sequel to the novel Forrest Gump (also a great movie).
       Two strategies that I learned and that benefited me this quarter was, time management and studying skills. During this first quarter, I've studied "harder" for tests this year than I have last year. I've realized that in order to get far in life, you need to work hard. Last year versus this year, I noticed that I hung out with my friends very often, while this year I barely have time to hang out with them. I'm in much more clubs and extracurricular activities now than I was last year. Every week, I go to my club, then go straight home afterwards and try finishing my homework. I only have time for my friends maybe once every week, but that's about it. Being in many clubs
       My writing has slightly progressed during the first quarter. I've learned more about 1st person, 2nd person, and 3rd person this quarter, I also learned many new words that I could use in my vocabulary, and I learned how to annotate a book and pick specific details that could come in hand further into the book. Last year, I knew that there was 2nd person, but I never knew what it was. Now, I know what 2nd person is and when to use it. Our vocabulary words and tests really helps me improve my vocabulary and my memorization skills. Studying the words and definitions help me learn new words and know the definitions. Many words I didn't know like assuage and palpable till we learned them and took tests.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection

Three most important things I learned this year was how much impact speeches and essays have on you, I learned a bit of time management, and...